Established in 1983, Sterry Piano Company opened as the premier piano restoration company in St. Augustine, Florida. Maintaining excellent values, offering quality restorations, service and instruction, Sterry Piano Company soon became the largest volume music store in the county.
The St. Augustine gazebo (located in the Old City) served as the ideal location for the St. Augustine’s Festival of Music, hosted by Sterry Piano Company and Skylight Art Monthly.
Taking advantage of beautiful weather and the spectacular view each spring and fall families came by foot, bicycle and carriage with picnic baskets in hand and children in tow, feasting on local delicacies and drinking in beverage and song. This venue was our community outreach, expressing our appreciation by giving back to the community while providing ideal exposure for local musicians of all genres. These popular music festivals carry on to this day with thousands in attendance.
Our brand of excellence continues as we celebrate our third decade serving customers from around the South-East. Sterry Piano Company has been sought by the music director of Purdue University & Flagler College. Numerous restorations of exceptional instruments and heirloom piano-forte’s include an 1856 Broadwood for D. Holiday, a Steinway “M” for the Columbia Restaurant, a 1905 Welte-Mignon for Maj. & Mrs. L. Wolff, M.D.; a Conover Grand for Col. & Mrs. H. Lubin, fine Steinway’s and other quality grand restorations for Steinway Piano Gallery and Cooper Music in Atlanta.
Our customer base includes satisfied customers throughout the southeast stretching from Jackson, MS in the west; north to Hot Springs, and Williamsburg, VA; in North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia and North Central Florida.